Quartz Kitchen Worktops
Quartz worktops are fabricated from natural quartz. One of the hardest minerals found in the Earth, and small amounts of glass or metallic flecks are added to create variety, resulting in beautiful worktops. Other advantage of quartz is that it is a non-porous material. Its texture does not allow bacteria to grow and resists against stains. Protecting your family and making kitchen clean-up easy. For this reason, quartz worktops never need to be sealed.
Our quartz worktops are custom made and more scratch resistant as well as less porous than natural quartz surfaces, and don’t need to be sealed like other stone surfaces. Due to the presence of the resins, quartz worktops are less prone to staining.
Quartz worktops are perfect for horizontal and vertical surface finishes such as walls, tub and shower surrounds, fireplaces, and tub decks.
Maintenance Issues With Quartz Worktops. Include:
- Quartz may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, slow cookers, roaster ovens, and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a closed-weave hot pad or solid trivet like a bread board is always recommended to prevent heating the product.
- Quartz worktops is not a seamless product; seams are visible. Where there are seams the product pattern and shade will change.
- Quartz is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm a quartz worktops, no stone surface is scratch proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi-colored design surfaces.
- Color blotches are intended on quartz worktops and created into many designs to enhance the natural beauty.
- Variation in the natural quartz stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are unique and inherent characteristics of this product.
Great Selection for Kitchen worktops
We have a great selection for Quartz worktops, granite worktops and marble worktops. We also offer popular composite materials for Worktops. To view our selection of granite, marble, and other precious stones, visit us in our Govan Showroom and Factory in Glasgow.
Quartz Tiles Glasgow
Large selection for Quartz tiles available at our Glasgow showroom. Please visit us in our Govan Factory in Glasgow.